Toronto Metropolitan University, through The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, owns, operates, and maintains the Lake Devo website at https://lakedevo.torontomu.ca, including all content thereon (the "Application"). By accessing, browsing or using the Application, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions (the "Terms"). Toronto Metropolitan University may amend the Terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to review the Terms each time you use the Application. Please exit the Application immediately if you do not accept or agree to the Terms.
All content, designs, graphics, pictures, illustrations, software, artwork, video, sound, names, words, titles, phrases, logos and marks displayed on the Application are owned by Toronto Metropolitan University, and are protected by copyright, trade-mark and intellectual property laws, and treaty provision laws.
Toronto Metropolitan University is the owner of the Application trademark. This trademark appears on the Application, physical media (e.g., digital video disks and CD-ROMs), and all publications or information regarding the Application.
Toronto Metropolitan University assumes copyright on any production created using the Application. This copyright is applicable to all artwork and images used in the Application, artifacts created using the Application, and publications prepared to describe or support the Application.
You shall not use the Application for any purpose except as expressly provided herein. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use this content in any way except for your own educational use. You also may not adapt, alter or create a derivative work from this content except for your own educational use. Any other use of this content, including marketing or distribution (which are described separately), requires the prior written permission of The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, Digital Education Strategies at Toronto Metropolitan University. Further, you may not frame the Application or any part thereof on any Internet website without prior written permission. You acquire absolutely no rights or licence in or to the Application other than the limited right to use the Application in accordance with the Terms.
Toronto Metropolitan University does not endorse, support or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted by users in the Application. This includes the published Movies, Debrief discussion and Chat areas.
Access to the Application is for the duration of your Toronto Met course only. In compliance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), all movies will be retained for a period of one year. As per the Toronto Metropolitan University Information Protection and Access Policy, appropriate use is defined as wise and prudent use of information so that resources are not wasted, damaged, or corrupted. Inappropriate use includes erasing, taking or modifying information without proper authorization. See more in Appropriate Use Policy section below.
Appropriate Use Policy
- Appropriate behavior: Like all users of Toronto Metropolitan University technology, users of the Application must adhere to the behaviour standards outlined below. The Terms do not replace or supersede, but rather are in addition to, all other Toronto Met policies, procedures or codes.
- Removal of inappropriate content: Toronto Metropolitan University will remove offensive or illegal content from the Application if asked to by an instructor of record or by a department chair and/or dean. Students wanting offensive or illegal content removed from the Application will need to contact their instructor, who will then decide the appropriate course of action.
- Removal of users for inappropriate behavior: Users are to conduct themselves with integrity, in an honest, respectful, collegial and ethical manner. Users should refrain from using the Application in any way to, for example: embarrass; intimidate; harass; attempt to disrupt or subvert the flow of information, such as purposefully attempting to crash or slow down computer systems; disclose confidential information or intellectual property without authorization; impersonate other users; and other inappropriate actions. Instructors and Toronto Metropolitan University, in their sole discretion, can remove students or users from participation in Application-related activities for inappropriate behaviour.
- Content disclaimer: Toronto Metropolitan University is not responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and/or legality of the content uploaded into the Application by its students or staff. Users who upload material to the Application are responsible legally and otherwise for their own content.
- Sanctioned uses: You are only permitted to use the Application for educational purposes in conjunction with activities that occur within Toronto Metropolitan University.
The Application is provided 'as is', and Toronto Metropolitan University makes no representations or warranties as to the appropriateness and fitness for a particular purpose. Toronto Metropolitan University does not make any warranties that access to the Application is uninterrupted or error-free or that the Application is secure or free of viruses or other harmful material. Toronto Metropolitan University, through The Chang School, assumes no liability for use of the Application. Further, Toronto Metropolitan University, through The Chang School, assumes no liability or responsibility for productions developed by users of the Application.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Toronto Metropolitan University, its officers, employees and agents from and against any claim or demand made by an third party, and all liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) arising out of or relating to your browsing or use of the Application, content that you transmit to the Application, or your breach of any of the Terms. Toronto Met may enforce its rights by seeking redress in accordance with civil or criminal law.
The Application uses the same data encryption standard as Toronto Metropolitan University, and is maintained in accordance with the policies and best practices of Toronto Metropolitan University and The Chang School. While every effort will be made to ensure the security and integrity of data housed in the Application, users should be aware of the potentially insecure nature of any online communication when using the Application.
Toronto Metropolitan University may, in its sole discretion, restrict or terminate your access to the application at any time, without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer permitted access to the Application. Toronto Metropolitan University is not liable whatsoever to you or any party for such termination.
The Terms are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and these laws apply to the use of the Application, notwithstanding your domicile, residency or physical location. You hereby attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario and all courts competent to hear appeals therefrom.
Digital media materials produced by The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, Digital Education Strategies are owned and administered by Toronto Metropolitan University. All rights reserved. No part of the Application may be reproduced, modified, distributed, sold, published, broadcast, retransmitted in any form without the prior written consent of The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, Toronto Metropolitan University.
Toronto Metropolitan University will not collect any personal information on the use of the Application except to maintain user access. Anonymized and aggregate information may be retained to ensure access and for statistical purposes to report on system use.
Further, Toronto Metropolitan University will not share or distribute personal information we collect online unless we have your permission.
Toronto Metropolitan University will retain user files with permission from the users and will request authorization from the users to employ user products for advertisement or promotional purposes.
Toronto Metropolitan University may use anonymized, aggregate data from the Application for research purposes, in order to track general usage patterns. Individual users will not be identified.